Friday, April 19, 2013

25, 26, and 27 Weeks Pregnant

25, 26, and 27 Weeks Pregnant Update:

Week by Week belly comparison, its amazing how big the baby gets towards the end.. im excited to see what this belly will look like in 10 more weeks (at 37 weeks!)
{dont mind the backwards 7...}

27 weeks baby bump (sick with the flu.. dont mind the pjs and bed head) 7 Months pregnant, welcome to the third trimester!!

27 weeks baby bump (sick with the flu.. dont mind the pjs and bed head)

25 Week baby bump

25 week Baby bump 

I didnt get a shot of my belly at 26 weeks, we were busy and I think I forgot, by the time i remembered i was already 26 wks and 4 days, big difference with this little guys growth spurts hes been going through.


How far along:  Currently 27 weeks pregnant

Symptoms: I've been feeling pretty good still.  Im a little more tired at night than i was a couple weeks ago. I have noticed that numb/heavy feeling in my right leg when i work out is creeping its way back in these last couple weeks as well (Dr. says its just the increased blood volume in my body and maybe the babys weight on my pelvic region?).  Im still hungry often and need to eat every 3 hours.  I have been trying my best to make sure im getting enough fluids and forcing down water especially at the end of the day.. which leads to me waking up more frequently at night to run to the bathroom (3 times per night is the norm).  

Weight gain: so far i've gained a healthy 15 lbs.  The baby himself is on average 2.5 lbs at this stage.  Its interesting to learn about where all the weight goes when you are pregnant, for those of you who don't know here is a break down: 

Where Does My Pregnancy Weight Gain Go?
A normal weight gain of 25 -35 pounds (28 to 40 pounds for women considered underweight, only 15 to 25 pounds for those overweight), over a10 month pregnancy is expected.Where does it all go?
Location
Average Weight
(in pounds)
Fetus
7.5
Placenta
1.5
Amniotic Fluid
2.0
Uterus
2.0
Breasts
1-2
Blood
3.0
Water
3.5
Fat
7.5
Research has found women tend to retain the weight they have gained during pregnancy when most of that weight gain was experienced during the first trimester. On average, a woman should only gain about three to six pounds in the first trimester (12 weeks). After that a gain of one pound per week is recommended, or about 24 pounds.
Now, how long does it take to lose the weight gained during a normal pregnancy? At birth a woman will lose on average 10 1/2 pounds. This weight is represented by the new baby, placenta, and amniotic fluid. During the first three to six weeks postpartum, weight gained in the uterus, blood, and extra water stores will diminish. Weight gained in the breasts and as body fat will diminish during the same postpartum time depending on whether or not you breastfeed.

In my first trimester I gained around 4 lbs. I was on the border of underweight and average for my body mass index (BMI) pre pregnancy according to different pregnancy websites and books that help you calculate how much is a healthy weight to gain month by month.  When you begin the second trimester you are supposed to gain about 1 lb per week. Each trimester is a little over 13 weeks... And in the third trimester again on average you should be gaining about 1 lb per week.  So far im on track for a healthy weight gain, my Dr. has always been pleased with how we are doing (:

Sleep: My sleep is pretty much the same as it has been. I wake up a lot for bathroom breaks as well as to switch sides because my shoulders get sour sleeping on them all night.  I have the pregnancy pillow now (thanks to my sister kelsey), which helps me fall asleep but not stay asleep.  I know its only going to get worse in this last trimester so im not complaining about what im getting right now.

Wedding Rings: On

Cravings: Peanut butter, and SUGAR.. i currently have a major sweet tooth, im cravings all things chocolate and loving vanilla frozen yogurt w/ cookies or chocolate covered pretzles from trader joes.  I try to eat fruit with chocolate or something for dessert.. this way im getting a little nutritional value out of it for my little guy.

Movement: He is still a mover.. not as much as he use to, i think hes slowly running out of room week by week.  He has his moments though when he will just go wild, and then he falls back asleep. I feel a lot of little movements in my pelic area so im wondering if thats where his legs are or maybe his hands?

Belly Button: OUT! Its definitely out there, and you can see it in almost everything i wear. .. but i think its cute and so does my hubby ( ;

Excited for: Doing a 4D ultrasound in a few weeks probably. Im trying to decide on when we should do it.. I am so eager to see him but I dont want to go too soon when he isnt plump and has those oh so cute chubby cheeks! Im also so excited that both of our baby showers are coming up in a couple weeks! And a maternity shoot my sister (kelsey steindler photography: www.kelseysteindler.blogspot.com) who is an amazing photographer, will be shooting them! Thats coming up next week!

Missing: not really anything lately.. im really loving being pregnant right now. Im at that fun stage when people can tell im pregnant and everyone gets so happy to see my little bump! It brings me joy and im just so grateful for this life growing inside of me.. its really made me so happy to think about.

Exercise: I havent been exercising as much as id like to lately because i've been sick and also tired (probably because my body is fighting off this bug).  Its tough to work out when i get that numb/heavy leg cramp as well.  OH and i had a big juice drink from Mothers market before i worked out the other day (trying to avoid getting sick) and i literally had to stop 3 times to go to the bathroom in just a 30 minute time frame while trying to do some cardio.  Normally i take 1-2 bathroom breaks in an hour at the gym.  Im proud of myself for sticking with a routine though, as hard as some days are, im continuing to try to stay healhty and active for me and this little boy.

Stretch Marks: None so far.. I have been using mama mio body butter and oil, bio oil, coconut oil, and Palmers cocoa butter throughout my pregnancy at different periods. I apply one of these or a combination 2 times a day (morning and night).

How big is baby: The size of a cauliflower! Babies on average are 2.5 lbs and 15 inches at this stage. At our 21 week appointment (our last ultrasound) he was measuring a couple weeks ahead..BIG! So im wondering if hes slowed down or if hes still a big baby.. we wont know until our last ultrasound with our Dr. around late 30's. Or if we do a 4D scan somewhere we can try to find out how big he is. 
{By this first week of the third trimester, your baby looks similar to what he or she will look like at birth, except thinner and smaller. The lungs, liver, and immune system still need to fully mature, but if born now, your baby would have a very good chance of surviving.}

Feeling: Great overall.. i was really emotional around 25-26 weeks though. I definitely had my first week where i felt "pregnant" emotionally... the littlest thing would bring me to tears.. and im not typically a crier.  


No comments:

Post a Comment