Tuesday, January 15, 2013

We're Married!

Officially Mr. & Mrs. Armstrong!! 9/22/12 marks the best day of our lives.  That day could not have been more of a perfect dream.  I will never forget waking up so excited and nervous to meet Taylor at the end of the aisle.  I couldn't sleep that night and remember waking up several times looking a the clock to see if it was time to get ready yet.  Around 8am I finally popped out of bed and went out onto the balcony of our suite at the St. Regist Resort to look at the weather.  Instantly I saw them setting up on the grand lawn below us and my excitement jumped from a 10 to off the charts. I was so eager to put on the dress, say I do, and run away with the man I'd dreamed of all of my life. This day meant so much to me, but spending forever with him is what I feel like I was created for.  

Getting ready was so much fun! I always worried something would go wrong on the one day every girl dreams will be perfect. NOTHING did. Everything went absolutely seemless and smooth.   
I spent time alone drinking coffee that morning and prayed. I opened my devotional and tried to listen to what God had to say about this huge step we were taking.  For 3o days I had been praying over different vereses for my husband.  Our mentor couple had given me a neat packet of scripture to pray for your husband and I had decided to read one verese each day for the 30 days leading up to our wedding day. It was such a neat experience that kept me focused on what really mattered, becoming One with this man, making this covenant committment between him, myself and God.  And then looking at what that means, what that really means.  It was not about the flowers, the dress, the food..it was all about how to prepare myself for making this committment for the rest of our lives.  I couldn't wait for that!  Since the moment we met I knew he was it. I had no doubts, no fears, I just wanted to make sure I fully understood what Gods view of marriage is and how to live that out obediently and fulfill my duties as a wife to my husband.


I will always remember the look on his face when he first saw me and hold it in my memory, his smile and eyes made every nerve flee my body. I felt nothing but warmth and peace right when I turned that corner and we locked eyes. Thats what he does to me, he makes me feel at home. He will never take the place in my heart that my Lord fills up, but I see him as an angel that God gave a special ownership over my heart that only he could fill.  I couldn't picture my life without him, and I beleive God gave me this way of seeing things, because he is my forever, and we are now one.  

His vows to me are eternally engraved into my heart, the way we kissed that first moment as husband and wife will be something I will forever try to live up to, I will do my best to live out each vow and pledge that I made to him that day, and remember every moment that passes that he is a gift, a true blessing, and he saved me. I am thankful to the Lord for giving me such a generous man with the most loving heart, and I will make sure to do my best to treat him as the special child of God that he is.

I love thee, and "not even death shall part me from you".

My next post will be memories from our honeymoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment